About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Smoothie Ever!!

As you know from my last post, I have an abundant amount of fresh blueberries after picking them with my little girl and some friends just over a week ago. Just writing that makes me smile :) I love blueberries, especially the ones I picked with my little lady. As I said last week, I love eating them by the fistfuls! My second favourite way of enjoying them is in smoothies of course.


I made a smoothie the other morning that was just so delicious and easy to make that I had to share with you all.
Have you ever bought a young coconut?? Please share with me below if you have and what you did with it!!! I love to hear from you!
I just started buying them for the 1st time this summer. I must say, I am a little addicted to them. They are so tasty and make one heck of a smoothie. At first I wasn't sure what to do with them or even how to open them. Once I got my first one I realized that it is super easy to do and worth any work it takes to get it open.
If you need some help CLICK HERE! That is the video from Eat Naked that I watched to learn how to open a young coconut.
Do you ever buy coconut water?? Well for the same $$$ you can get the same amount of coconut water + the meat of the coconut. And it tastes way better! Try it, I dare you to :O) And please let me know about your experience!!


Here is my new favourite smoothie recipe!

1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 cup of ice
The juice and pulp of 1 fresh young coconut
2 tbsp of hemp seeds
Honey, maple syrup or stevia - sweeten to taste - I used 1 heaping tsp of honey and a touch of stevia

Blend and enjoy the best smoothie ever!



4 comments:

  1. looks beautiful too ... nutritious and delicious, indeed

    where do you buy your coconuts, Jamie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angie :) Thanks!
      I always buy my young coconuts at Longos.

      Delete
  2. replica bags us gucci replica handbags a7i28v2f19 replica evening bags more info here w6n43b2c92 replica designer bags 7a replica bags meaning replica bags paypal next page o8o75y0v59 replica bags china free shipping

    ReplyDelete