Here are some of miso's nutritional highlights;
- Antiviral -- miso is very alkalizing and strengthening to the immune system helping to combat a viral infection.
- Natural source of healthy bacteria which is essential for a healthy digestive and immune system
- Great source of Zinc; important for immune health, prostate health, etc.
- High in many health supporting nutrients; protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B2, vitamin E, vitamin K, tryptophan, choline, dietary fiber, linoleic acid and lecithin.
- Can help ease menopausal symptoms due to the natural phytoestrogens
Veggielicious Miso Soup
1 1/2 cups of veggie broth (use homemade or low sodium Imagine Soup Vegetable Broth)
1/2 cup of veggies of choice ( I use carrots and cabbage, julienne sliced)
2 shiitake mushrooms, diced
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp of coconut oil or sesame oil
1 tbsp of high quality organic miso
Bring broth to a soft boil. Turn down to a simmer. Place your veggies in the broth. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or so until veggies are soft. Take off heat. Add 1 tsp of oil and miso. Stir well until miso is dissolved. Enjoy!