About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Monday, August 9, 2010

MY KINDA PIZZA.....

My Boyfriend Todd and I love to have pizza parties. Once a month or so we get all the goods, put on some great music and make our own individual pizzas. It is so much fun. Since I have become aware of my food allergies, my pizzas have changed quite a bit. Wheat and cows milk products are the common ingredients on pizzas and I cannot have either of them. I often use spelt crust that I make myself or purchase at the health food store. This weekend I made pizza with a brown rice wrap in my cast iron pan. The cast iron pan really helped to keep the "crust" (wrap) crunchy.
This pizza was amazing. I enjoyed ever single bit of this veggies lovers pizza. I am not sure of the exact measurements but here is what I put on my pizza. Make it your own!!

  • Sauteed shallots in olive oil
  • Then added chopped kale and sauteed until softened
  • Pizza sauce (I used Longo's pizza sauce, clean ingredients - also like Eden Organic)
  • Fresh basil
  • Crimini mushrooms
  • Broccoli, chopped in small pieces
  • tomatoes, sliced
  • Goats milk Feta cheese
  • Food for Life Brown Rice Wrap
Top the brown rice wrap with pizza sauce, then add all of the veggies. Top with cheese.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or so. 
Again, I used a cast iron pan and it seemed to come out crispier than it has been in the past.  

NOTE - if you are vegan or trying to avoid goats milk products, you can grind up some pine nuts and some nutritional yeast for a cheesy topping. I have done that many times too!

SHARE WITH ME!! WHAT ARE YOU FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPINGS???

2 comments:

  1. not for anything but I love my Soppressata, and marinated artichokes, kalamata olives, feta cheese etc on traditional white flour crust. However I recently used whole wheat crust and substituted the cheese with Daiya Vege cheese, Passed the picky kids taste buds and we removed our heavy carbon footprint without using animal products, AND it was cholesterol free !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! Always great when you can sneak healthy stuff past picky eaters :O)

    ReplyDelete