- 1 can of water packed light flaked (less murcury than white) tuna (170g)
- ½ a fresh avocado, instead of mayo...Brilliant!! (sprinkle some lemon juice on the second ½ and save it for the next day or so)
- ½ juice of 1 lemon
- A big handful of fresh herbs (I used cilantro because I love it)
- Other options include; chopped onions, celery, bell pepper, add a dash of hot sauce, etc.
Mix this together in a medium size dish and enjoy!!
- Serve over some whole grain toast (try Stonemill or Ezekiel; both great bread companies)
- Or a healthy whole grain wrap (Food for Life or La Tortilla Factory are great)
- For a lighter option; enjoy on a piece of lettuce or Belgium endive or top on a salad!
Avocados are a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids (heart healthy fat) including oleic acid, which has recently been shown to offer significant protection against breast cancer. It is also a very concentrated dietary source of the phytonutrient lutein and contains measurable amounts of related phytonutrients (zeaxanthin, alpha-carotene and beta-carotene) plus significant quantities of vitamin E.
Thanks for the inspiration Antonella :D