Source: The Hormone Diet By: Natasha Turner
1 tsp sea salt
Black pepper to taste
¼ tsp of thyme
1 tbsp spelt flour
1 cup organic vegetable broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
1. Bake the sweet potatoes, remove skins and mash the flesh with 1 tsp olive oil. Set aside
2. Preheat oven to 400F
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the turkey, garlic and onion and cook until turkey is lightly browned.
4. Add the salt, pepper, thyme and flour and mix well.
5. Stir in the vegetable stock and cook until thickened
6. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, along with the peas and carrots. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
7. Transfer the turkey mixture into a casserole dish and spread sweet potatoes on top.
8. Put the shepherd’s pie in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve.