About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Lentil Salad

The recipe comes from the amazing cookbook by one of my teacher and mentors Caroline Dupont, called Enlightened Eating! I have made most of the recipes from this cookbook and let me tell you, they are all amazing and nutritious!!!
To learn more go to here website http://carolinedupont.com/content/
This salad is great for those hot summer days when you don't feel like eating something hot!

Lentils
  • 1 cup of brown lentils
  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
Dressing
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar or lemon juice or combo
  • 1/2 tsp ground fennel
  • 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
Vegetables
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced red and yellow peppers
  • 1/4 cup minced onions
  • handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/3 cup feta (I like Goats Milk Feta), optional
  • Other options; add dried cranberries, chopped apple, diced fennel, nut or seeds etc. The options are endless!!
DIRECTIONS
1. Rinse the lentils. In a medium sauce pan, bring the lentils, water, bay leaves, thyme, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins, until tender.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add the veggies!
3. Drain the lentils and discard the bay leaves. Mash the garlic and add to the dressing. When lentils are cool, toss them with the veggies and dressing. Add some Feta and taste. Adjust seasoning by adding sea salt and pepper if needed.
SERVE OF A BED OF FRESH SPINACH!
ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment