This recipe combines legumes (chickpeas), seeds (tahini/sesame seed paste) and whole grains (quinoa flour) making this a complete vegetarian protein meal with all of the essential amino acids. Contains 9 grams of protein per serving and 8 grams of fiber!
Nourishing, tasty and satisfying! What more could you ask for? Enjoy!! Serves 4
• 1 can of chickpeas (I use Eden Organic)
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 shallot or ½ onion, chopped
• 2 tbsp tahini
• Handful of both cilantro and parsley, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup quinoa flour
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp coriander
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp of olive oil for cooking
1. Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processer. Process until smooth.
2. Using hands take golf ball sized peices and roll with hands
3. Heat fry pan to medium heat.
4. Add olive oil and pan fry falafels until lightly browned
Serve with your favourite mixed greens salad and a dollop of hummus or tahini sauce (tahini + lemon juice + garlic + water)