About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberry Sorbet

Strawberries are in season ;o)!! This is one of my favourite times of year! The weather is great and one of my favourite fruits is available from the local farmers market! In Stouffville, where I live, there is this great organic strawberry farm that I look forward to going to every year and stocking up. I hull the strawberries and freeze many of them for smoothies and sorbet. Organic is always best when it comes to strawberries. Strawberries are on the dirty dozen list, meaning it contains high levels of pesticides. For more information on the dirty dozen, please go to www.ewg.org. Strawberries are superstars when it comes to nutrition and taste. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber and iodine. Strawberries are also a great source of the phytonutrient ellagic acid that is known for its anti-cancer potential!! With only 43 calories (without the additional toppings) for this whole recipe, this is a great dessert idea when you are trying to lose or maintain your weight!




o 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
o 1 packet of Stevia (natural no-calorie sweetener, optional)
o ¼ tsp pure vanilla bean (optional)


Place ingredients in your food processor and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.


Optional toppings
o 70-80% dark chocolate shavings or choc
o Cocoa nibs
o Chopped nuts
o Coconut flakes
These are my organic strawberries that i picked up yesterday! Don't they look amazing?? They taste amazing too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment